Thank you to all our patients for your support and assistance over this crazy time that has been COVID-19. We continue to adapt the changing environment to deliver the best and safest care to our community. Our clinical team remain constantly up to date in this ever changing environment and we encourage you all to reach out for advice or treatment whenever needed.
Giving You Options for Your Health Care
Telehealth– (phone or video consultations)
Consultations can begin with a telephone consult with your GP (with no out of pocket for this service). If a face to face consultation is preferred or required the GP will arrange this for you.
Face to face consultations
We have safe spaces for consultations to occur. We are welcoming more patients back for consultation, and will adjust this depending on our local risk of COVID-19. If you would prefer a face to face consultation please let your GP know and this will be arranged.
Procedures (skin excision, joint injections, mirena and implanon, Iron infusions)- are all still available after discussion with your GP.
Immunisations and INR tests are continuing at the practice as normal
Access to Healthcare
We are concerned COVID-19 has disrupted the normal access to health care. We do not want the management of your medical issues compromised or diagnosis of new conditions delayed.
We aim to provide:
- Easy access to GP appointments- our GPs have all increased their appointment availability. We offer same day appointments in most instances, with the ability to arrange face to face appointments soon afterwards. Scripts, referrals etc can generally be directly sent to providers.
- Face to face and telehealth appointments can be booked via reception. Telehealth (phone) consultations can be booked online at newtownmc.com.au
- Telehealth care plans have replaced face to face care plans at this time. We encourage all patients with a care plan to participate, as it aims to ensure your current medical needs are met.
- Provide a safe environment for you to see your doctor.
Keeping you safe
We have taken extensive measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of our patients.
Some measures include:
- Visits to the practice occur by screening patients prior for COVID-19 risk
- Social distancing throughout the practice
- Screens at reception
- Easy access to hand sanitiser
- Separate spaces to examine patients with respiratory symptoms
- We are not testing for COVID-19 at our practice and can arrange this at the federal funded sites
- We will always attempt to find an isolated space for you within this clinic, we minimise any time in the waiting room (which is almost always empty now!) You are welcome to wait in your car until your doctor is ready to see you.
- We constantly re evaluate all areas of our health care provision, and expect further changes to occur as we progress through COVID-19. The way we provide care may change and evolve but our commitment to your healthcare will always continue.
We thank you for trusting your health care to the team at Newtown Medical Centre